BUNDABERG REGION ATHLETICS FACILITY • ATHLETICS • SPURTAN BV • IAAF CLASS TWO CERTIFICATION • 09 September 2014
Home / BUNDABERG REGION ATHLETICS FACILITY • ATHLETICS • SPURTAN BV • IAAF CLASS TWO CERTIFICATION • 09 September 2014
Located at the Bundaberg Super Park on Enid Ethel Drive, the Athletics complex is the only full synthetic surface facility between the Sunshine Coast and Townsville.
A local contractor, Murchie Constructions and Sports Technology International, constructed this new facility that has an International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF) Class Two Certification.
This certification will provide for:
• greater community usage with higher skill level development
• addressing healthy/active lifestyle issues
• significant opportunities for those with disabilities
• generate appeal of the region for competitors to live, train and compete locally as the only facility of its standard between the Sunshine Coast and Townsville; and
attract significantly more events from athletics bodies (junior & senior), schools, disabled groups and Masters events.
• Assessments have indicated the overall economic benefit for the region from events attraction will be several million dollars each year.
The complex includes:
• Spurtan BV sandwich synthetic track and field system
• 2 separate double-ended long/triple jump approaches
• 8 lane 400 metre track
• 1 full synthetic ´D´ high jump fan with javelin approach
• 10 lane front straight with 113 metre extension for 110 metre hurdles
• 1 synthetic high jump approach
• 8 lane back straight with 103 metre extension for 100 metre events