Emma Tonegato is a standout Australian Rugby 7’s player and a consistent high performer in all rugby matches. Emma is a determined rugby competitor who is willing to surpass anyone who gets in her way.
Three Fun Facts – Polytan met up with Emma and asked her some questions:
Q. Who are the most influential people in your career/life?
A: Definitely Mum and Dad, they have always been there for me and there’s no way I would be where I am today without them.
Q. If you could create a public holiday what would it be for?
A: National Kindness day, where everyone has to do one act of kindness.
Q. When you first played on a Polytan surface what did you think?
A: We have trained on a few Polytan surfaces now and they are such a fast track! The base of the field provides a good base for change of direction and you don’t get caught in the mud or grass.
- Named player of the tournament for the Atlanta leg of the Sevens World Series in April 2016
- A Month later from above she was named in 2015- 2016 World Rugby dream team.
- Her very impressive performances landed her more team selections – Central Coast Sevens and Oceania Sevens and pulling on number 5 jersey in December for first leg of the World Series in Dubai.
- 2017/18 season saw Tonegato don the Gold jersey for every leg of World Series and scoring 26 tries across the season.
- She was selected in the 2018 Commonwealth Games – tries were raining in and guiding Aussies to their silver medal finish.